An Explanation of This Blog

For years, this phrase, "Preaching and Hearing of the Word of God," has marked every church bulletin at my old, dear church in upstate New York. And for years, I have taken sermon notes in church. . . read more

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Intro

For years, this phrase, "Preaching and Hearing of the Word of God," has marked every church bulletin at my old, dear church in upstate New York.  And for years, I have taken sermon notes in church.  I still have piles of notebooks; believe it or not, they moved 700 miles with me when I married my dear husband, John.  What should I do with these things?

Partly, I take notes to help me pay attention, and as such, their purpose is fulfilled.  But I can't bring myself to throw my old notebooks away yet, especially when they are so full of truth. That's why I've decided to start typing them out, little by little perhaps, making use of the tag system a blog provides to help me organize what I've recorded.  It's my hope that, through blogging, I'll have a simple way of going back and making use of the years of truth I've heard.  If anyone else reads them, great!  But if not, I hope that perhaps the simple meditation which must follow the mechanical action typing up of the words of truth will do me some good.

I'll correct spelling errors as I can.  After all, I started this pile of notebooks when I was about 12!  But they will stay largely true to form besides that.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment